replication-/sync-problem with 'percent'-sign in foldernames after upgrade to dovecot 2.3.19

Andreas Piper piper at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 18 12:23:57 UTC 2022

Hello,

after upgrading my two replicator-hosts from 2.3.18 to 2.3.19, I observe
'failed replication'-counts with "dovecot replicator status".

The failure seems to be linked to foldernames containing a
'percent'-sign ('%'):

"dovecot replicator status '*' | grep ' y'" now lists some users, who
are permanently marked as 'failed'.

Trying to resync one of these users ('username') with

"doveadm -D sync -u username -d -n INBOX -l 30 -U"

stops with output: