The end of Dovecot Director?

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com
Thu Oct 20 18:41:53 UTC 2022

Most small/medium servers do not need director. You can use replicator get a pri/bu pair.

Only the director part is being removed, rest of Dovecot remains. For the next major release we are also removing certain deprecated parts that have a replacement in elsewhere of the code.

The mail server functionality is going to remain 100% open source and free.

Aki