The end of Dovecot Director?

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Thu Oct 20 20:19:59 UTC 2022

My understanding is that Director is targeted toward large enterprise
mail installations that will incorporate several servers for a given
function.  In such an environment, Director would be the
fore-person\traffic-cop keeping things organized & squared-away.

In other scenarios, the “pri\bu” means primary and backup DC
instances which should be fine for many folks who just have a single
server.

Again this is my understanding so please feel free to correct me where
I’m off-base…

- - -