The end of Dovecot Director?

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Fri Oct 21 05:57:04 UTC 2022

You still need in some sense one coherent file system to store and retrieve
the mail messages. Although a load-balance cluster would still be quite
useful for rejecting the bulk of unauthorized connections.

I am sure in many cases a small/medium server can in fact sit and function
quite adequately behind a large enterprise load balancing firewall and
proxy, given the typical quantities of spam "out there" and the large
number of bad connections typically attempted on any given system.