The end of Dovecot Director?

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Fri Oct 21 07:08:58 UTC 2022

> servers.
> >
> > I setup load-balance cluster for clients with HAProxy + KeepAlived +
> Dovecot Director running in frontend servers, so sad we have to find an
> alternative to replace Director in such case.

The code is still available you just need to build it yourself. I think they will develop a newer version, but maybe this 'older' module can be still used.

> > It's not about "small/medium" servers, but the demand of
> imap/pop3/lmtp proxy service, especially in load-balance cluster.

I agree. I would even state that moving towards a containerized environment you do not have one huge server that does it all, but multiple sperate containers.