ot: how to t/s TBird problems ?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 23:54:57 UTC 2022

Voytek Eymont) wrote:

> yesterday it was
> ---------------
> I'm still experiencing a 40 second delay to retrieve emails for
> xxx

If *this* is the problem you saw (and not the 2 hour delay mentioned further
in the thread), you can get a hint where the problem lies if you see a 40s
gap in the session logs: it will tell you who was doing what when the pause
happened (e.g. during authentication? During LIST fetch?  During message
fetch?)

For example, if dovecot was busy mulching through a large INBOX rebuilding
indices, I can see how it can chew up 40s under some circumstances.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>