[Dovecot] postfix + dovecot auth problem.

subscriber at viliar.net.ru subscriber at viliar.net.ru
Fri Jan 5 23:19:53 UTC 2007

Hello All!

I use postfx 2.3.5 + dovecot (pop3/imap/lda/auth daemon for postfix) rc15.

root at post /etc/postfix# grep dovecot main.cf
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
virtual_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

root at post /etc/dovecot# grep password_query dovecot-sql.conf
password_query = SELECT mail as user, cryptp as password,
CONCAT('/home/vmail/',homedir,'/',maildir,'/') as userdb_home, uid as userdb_uid, gid as
userdb_gid, CONCAT('dirsize:/home/vmail/',homedir,'/',maildir,'/',':storage=',quota/1024) as
userdb_quota, nice as userdb_nice, hosts as allow_nets FROM users WHERE mail = '%u' and access =
'Y' and %Ls = 'Y';

When I insert allow_nets (and it should be used without userdb_ prefix) into password_query I could
not send any more letters. In logs next:

Dec 19 11:25:30 post dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(mail at example.com): query: SELECT mail as
user, cryptp as password, CONCAT('/home/vmail/',homedir,'/',maildir,'/'
) as userdb_home, uid as userdb_uid, gid as userdb_gid,
CONCAT('dirsize:/home/vmail/',homedir,'/',maildir,'/',':storage=',quota/1024) as userdb_quota, nice
as userdb_nice
, hosts as allow_nets FROM users WHERE mail = 'mail at example.com' and access = 'Y' and smtp = 'Y';
Dec 19 11:25:30 post dovecot: auth-worker(default): passdb(mail at example.com): allow_nets check
failed: Remote IP not known

As I understand, postfix does not transfer to dovecot auth daemon rip ( remote ip ). And it is
looks like allow_nets it is impossible to use together with dovecot sasl auth in postfix.

Do we have any workaround on it?

A.