[Dovecot] Upgraded to Dovecot-1.2.16 and Sieve-1.1.8 but Still No Sieve Parameters

邓卫华 dengwh at bestcheer.com
Wed Apr 13 05:21:32 EEST 2011

you have to download dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole-0.2.2 and install it to
enable sieve in dovecot.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:34:11 +0300, Timo
Sirainen wrote:

> Then it sounds like the Dovecot version you're
running hasn't been patched with managesieve support. I don't actually
see you mention how you upgraded, from source or from some binary
package (and in what OS/distro).

> Note that with v1.x if you install
Dovecot + Sieve you do get both of them, but it doesn't automatically
mean that Managesieve is installed. You need to patch Dovecot for that
(sieve is not managesieve!)

wrote:

>> It is managesieve. protocol managesieve { # Specify an
alternative address:port the daemon must listen on # (default: *:2000)
listen = localhost:2000 managesieve_logout_format = bytes ( in=%i :
out=%o ) } I just did a cut and paste into the conf file. On 4/12/2011

wrote:

> [...]
file /etc/dovecot.conf line 676: Unknown protocol name (section changed
in /etc/dovecot.conf at line 674)
>>> Unfortunately it doesn't say here
what the name is.

protocol. Not sure where I am going wrong with this? Any help is much
appreciated.
>>> Is it Managesieve or managesieve? The case matters
here..
>> -- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous

Best Cheer
(XiaMen) Stone Works CO.,LTP.
Phone: 0592-7221600