[Dovecot] how to use new style namespace for INBOX

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Jun 21 09:32:52 EEST 2012

* ml <dovecot at dovecot.org>:
> dear honorable doctor timo
>
> reading the list I saw appear a new style for the "writing of INBOX".
> namely this example
>
> mailbox Drafts {
>       special_use = \Drafts
>     }
>     mailbox Junk {
>       special_use = \Junk
>     }
>     mailbox Sent {
>       special_use = \Sent
>     }
>     mailbox "Sent Messages" {
>       special_use = \Sent
>     }
>     mailbox Trash {
>       special_use = \Trash
>     }
>     prefix =

This 'new' type of writing defines mailboxes for SPECIAL-USE as defined in
http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc6154.txt.

> I do not know how to use it can you help me now is my config

If your mail clients support it, they will automatically map their mailboxes
for Sent, Junk, Trash, Drafts etc. to whatever mailbox you have assigned the
respective $special_use option to.

If they don't nothing will change.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666