Feature request.

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:50:15 EEST 2020

On 09/10/2020 4:16 pm, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> It turns out that dovecot had been running uninterrupted since august
> 13th, the certificate was renewed on september 7th and I suspect it
> expired on october 7th.

I guess you could do a few things yourself to make sure the cert is valid. Thinking out loud:

- Blunt instrument approach: Just restart/reload Dovecot once a week via a cron job. Letsencrypt will renew certs with less than 15 days to go, so once a week should catch it.

- Check certificate validity with openssl command line client via a script. I wrote one that goes around all the websites under my care and checks. Should be possible to do it for mail servers too?

- Check manually with a tool like this https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/

P.