Feature request.

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Fri Oct 9 12:33:57 EEST 2020

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 11:21:09AM +0300, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> > On 09/10/2020 11:16 Rogier Wolff <r.e.wolff at bitwizard.nl> wrote:
> > So.... Feature request: check the expiry date on the SSL certificate
> > as it is being loaded and check for a new certificate if it HAS
> > expired.

> That is indeed old version, but no, there is no automatic
> certificate reloading in Dovecot yet. This has been suggested
> before, and we have it in our internal issue tracker, but
> unfortunately I can't promise any date when it will be done.

Ok. I'm glad it is noted somewhere and that hopefully someday someone
will get to it. Once a problem is known the solution is often easy. So
for example I spent time figuring out why dovecot was rejecting the
fetchmail SSL certificate, while in fact it was the other way around.

When my certificate next expires I'll probably NOT find out that my
fix works or not. It'll go smoothly and I'll have forgotten about it.
So no "date" on it is not a problem for me. I'm happy if my report
helps put something on the radar and makes things better over time.

On Friday: Marc Roos wrote:
> Does a dovecot reload not do that?

You mean a reload as opposed to a restart? Maybe. So a restart might
be more expensive, but my server is way overpowered and can handle the
restart.

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **