Changing IMAP separator - does it break things?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Oct 14 14:20:23 EEST 2020

On 14 Oct 2020, at 04:24, Sami Ketola <sami at ketola.io> wrote:
> On 14. Oct 2020, at 12.51, Victor Sudakov <vas at sibptus.ru> wrote:
>> Those Mac clients who do not use nested folders do not seem to be
>> affected. That is, I've already suggested to the Mac Mail user that he
>> start Thunderbird, move all his mailboxes into the IMAP root folder, and
>> then go on using Mac Mail. I hope that's what he has done.

> There is a bug in Mail.app that it always assumes / as hierarchy separator and
> completely ignores server provided separator.

Cite? Because no, that is not my experience at all.

From my maildir on my FreeBSD server:

 # ls -lnd .root*
drwx------  5 89  89  512 Oct 14 05:16 .root
drwx------  5 89  89  512 Oct 14 02:02 .root.44
drwx------  5 89  89  512 Oct 14 02:02 .root.Cron
drwx------  5 89  89  512 Oct 14 05:16 .root.Hastur
… etc

Works fine in Mail.app on Mac OS and has for at least 16 years.

--
I'm not old, I'm chronologically challenged.