AW: How do I enable sieve trace debugging?

rudolf at padaru.de rudolf at padaru.de
Wed Oct 14 20:15:07 EEST 2020

Hey,

😃 nice, thats my question :D

If I remember correctly a log was created, but not under var/log but in the home directory of the mail user. For example /var/mail/user1/sieve.

And not everything was logged, only serious errors. But I can not remember exactly what happened...

we have solved this with sieve extprogramms and the - ubuntu - logger http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/logger.1.html

So we run the logger each time the sieve fire. But be aware, sieve extprogramms dont run with older dovecot versions.

The exact code i do not have at hand now -> if you need more information about this solution, just write me private, i can check this tomorow and may give you a useful tip.

Yours sincerely
Pascal Rudolf