v2.3.11.3 solr plugin search via MUA fails to match accented ascii characters; cmd line exec of `doveadm fts lookup` PANICs (assertion failed)

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:02:42 EEST 2020

On 10/19/20 9:48 AM, John Fawcett wrote:
> --with-icu should be sufficient, actually on centos 7 I got libuci
> compiled in without setting the explicit flag.

> Here's my ldd, which is under /usr/local/lib/dovecot
>
> ldd /usr/local/lib/dovecot/libdovecot-fts.so

noted. as suspected. thx.

> config.log will tell more about whether it was successful if you're

> compiling yourself (which if I remember requires the development header

> files for the library).

i'm not.  yet.

the pkg bld logs,

  https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/dovecot/2.3.11.3/5.fc32/data/logs/x86_64/build.log

_do_ show

	make[4]: Entering directory '/builddir/build/BUILD/dovecot-2.3.11.3/src/lib-fts'
	... -c -o fts-filter-normalizer-icu.lo fts-filter-normalizer-icu.c

but at 1st glance, i don't see any explicit inclusion of the icu libs/headers

checking the spec,

	https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/dovecot/blob/master/f/dovecot.spec

there's no:

	BuildRequires: libicu-devel

either.  Dunno yet if it's pulled in otherwise ... but I'm suspicious.

i've cc'd in the pkg maintainer; see if they've got a comment