v2.3.11.3 solr plugin search via MUA fails to match accented ascii characters; cmd line exec of `doveadm fts lookup` PANICs (assertion failed)

John Fawcett john at voipsupport.it
Mon Oct 19 23:03:19 EEST 2020

On 19/10/2020 19:02, PGNet Dev wrote:
> On 10/19/20 9:48 AM, John Fawcett wrote:
>> --with-icu should be sufficient, actually on centos 7 I got libuci
>> compiled in without setting the explicit flag.
>
>> Here's my ldd, which is under /usr/local/lib/dovecot
>>
>> ldd /usr/local/lib/dovecot/libdovecot-fts.so
>
> noted. as suspected. thx.
>
>> config.log will tell more about whether it was successful if you're
>
>> compiling yourself (which if I remember requires the development header
>
>> files for the library).
>

> i'm not.  yet.
>

> the pkg bld logs,
>
>  https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/dovecot/2.3.11.3/5.fc32/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
>

> _do_ show
>
>     make[4]: Entering directory
> '/builddir/build/BUILD/dovecot-2.3.11.3/src/lib-fts'
>     ... -c -o fts-filter-normalizer-icu.lo fts-filter-normalizer-icu.c
>

> but at 1st glance, i don't see any explicit inclusion of the icu
> libs/headers
>
> checking the spec,
>
>     https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/dovecot/blob/master/f/dovecot.spec
>
> there's no:
>
>     BuildRequires: libicu-devel
>
> either.  Dunno yet if it's pulled in otherwise ... but I'm suspicious.
>
> i've cc'd in the pkg maintainer; see if they've got a comment

The current fedora 32 release of dovecot is built without libicu support.

For libicu support in dovecot during the build process the libicu-devel
package needs to be available. The following should be added to the
dovecot.spec file

BuildRequires: libicu-devel

It's not necessary to specify --with-icu configure option but doing so
in the spec file would be clearer.

John