Sieve_before

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Oct 22 04:05:23 EEST 2020

> On 21 Oct 2020, at 15:45, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/21/20 2:12 PM, @lbutlr wrote:
>> Do I HAVE to have a default.sieve, that's the only thing that I can think the has changed in that folder.
> RE: compile, fyi note @
>
> 	https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Usage#Manually_Compiling_Sieve_Scripts
> 	https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration#Executing_Multiple_Scripts_Sequentially
>
> the conditions under which you need to manually pre-compile the scripts specified by sieve_before and sieve_after

As I said, the scripts compile just fine.

8 -rw-r--r--  1 root   wheel   117B Oct 21 12:49 filespam.sieve
8 -rw-r--r--  1 vmail  wheel   256B Oct 21 12:52 filespam.svbin
8 -rw-r--r--  1 root   wheel   137B Oct 21 14:06 bcc.sieve
8 -rw-r--r--  1 vmail  wheel   304B Oct 21 14:10 bcc.svbin

> 	protocol sieve {
> 		mail_plugins = $mail_plugins
> 		mail_max_userip_connections = 10
> 		managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
> 		managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext vnd.dovecot.pipe vnd.dovecot.filter vnd.dovecot.execute
> 	}
>
> 	plugin {
>
> 		imapsieve_mailbox1_name   = Junk
> 		imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
> 		imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/report-spam.sieve
>
> 		imapsieve_mailbox2_name   = *
> 		imapsieve_mailbox2_from   = Junk
> 		imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = COPY
> 		imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/report-ham.sieve
>
> 		sieve_global = /etc/dovecot/scripts/sieve
> 		sieve         = file:/data/sieve/%u/;active=/data/sieve/%u/active.sieve
> 		sieve_default = /data/sieve/default.sieve
> 		sieve_default_name = managesieve
>
> 		sieve_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.pipe +vnd.dovecot.filter +vnd.dovecot.execute +vnd.dovecot.debug +vnd.dovecot.imapsieve
>
> 		sieve_pipe_bin_dir    = /etc/dovecot/sieve/pipe_bin/
> 		sieve_filter_bin_dir  = /etc/dovecot/sieve/filter_bin/
> 		sieve_execute_bin_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/execute_bin/
> 		sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
> 	}

I have this in my doveconf -n

managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = editheader fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave

plugin {
  imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-spam.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox1_name = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-ham.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox2_from = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_name = *
  imapsieve_mailbox3_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/mark-read.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox3_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox3_name = Archive
  last_login_dict = file:~/.lastlogin
  quota_rule2 = .EXPUNGED:ignore
  sieve = file:~/.sieve;active=~/.active_sieve
  sieve_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/bcc.sieve
  sieve_before2 = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/filespam.sieve
  sieve_before3 = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/darkmode.sieve
  sieve_default_name = spamassassin
  sieve_duplicate_default_period = 1h
  sieve_duplicate_max_period = 12d
  sieve_extensions = +editheader
  sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
  sieve_trace_level = matching
  sieve_user_log = ~/sieve.log
}

I do not have a protocol sieve { } section and I have not setup sieve for roundcuve at this point. I do have round cube on my system, but it is basically emergency access and no one uses it as their regular access to mail. I'll get around to it sometime.

The frustrating thing, of course, is that it was working before I rebooted but I can't find any errors logged anywhere.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why