Sieve_before

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 00:45:16 EEST 2020

On 10/21/20 2:12 PM, @lbutlr wrote:
> Do I HAVE to have a default.sieve, that's the only thing that I can think the has changed in that folder.
RE: compile, fyi note @

	https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Usage#Manually_Compiling_Sieve_Scripts
	https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration#Executing_Multiple_Scripts_Sequentially

the conditions under which you need to manually pre-compile the scripts specified by sieve_before and sieve_after

> HAVE to have

In my config, it's def'd, but I don't explicitly _have_ a 'default.sieve'.

& my setup generally works.  So far.  Whether that's luck or by-design, still remains to be seen; the real-world docs/examples for 'this' are a bit ... sketchy.

fyi, my current dovecot config includes,

	protocols = imap submission lmtp sieve
	mail_plugins = virtual acl fts fts_solr

	protocol sieve {
		mail_plugins = $mail_plugins
		mail_max_userip_connections = 10
		managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
		managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext vnd.dovecot.pipe vnd.dovecot.filter vnd.dovecot.execute
	}

	plugin {

		imapsieve_mailbox1_name   = Junk
		imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
		imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/report-spam.sieve

		imapsieve_mailbox2_name   = *
		imapsieve_mailbox2_from   = Junk
		imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = COPY
		imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/global/report-ham.sieve

		sieve_global = /etc/dovecot/scripts/sieve
		sieve         = file:/data/sieve/%u/;active=/data/sieve/%u/active.sieve
		sieve_default = /data/sieve/default.sieve
		sieve_default_name = managesieve

		sieve_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.pipe +vnd.dovecot.filter +vnd.dovecot.execute +vnd.dovecot.debug +vnd.dovecot.imapsieve

		sieve_pipe_bin_dir    = /etc/dovecot/sieve/pipe_bin/
		sieve_filter_bin_dir  = /etc/dovecot/sieve/filter_bin/
		sieve_execute_bin_dir = /etc/dovecot/sieve/execute_bin/
		sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
	}

& my Roundcube config (I use RC for user-friendly Sieve UI; so far, seems best of the bunch) includes

	$config['managesieve_raw_editor']   = true;
	$config['managesieve_default']      = '/data/sieve/default.sieve';
	$config['managesieve_script_name']  = 'managesieve';

and with that^, I do not have a

	/data/sieve/default.sieve

instead, I have, for each user at example.com

	tree /data/sieve/user at example.com/
		/data/sieve/user at example.com/
		├── active.sieve -> managesieve.sieve
		├── active.svbin
		├── managesieve.sieve
		└── tmp

i assume i _could_ have/use a default.sieve, but have not yet done so.