Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

R. Diez rdiezmail-2006 at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 26 16:16:39 EET 2020

> Why don't you configure all stuff internally and ask your provider to relay
> the e-mails from and to you via "smart relay"?  You will communicate only
> via smtp and only with your provider,
 > [...]

When you are a small business or a volunteer-run club or charity, you don't ask your provider. You have no leverage. You may not even be able to
change provider so easily.

Besides, the way you suggest means opening a SMTP port to the outside world. A security risk and more work at the firewall etc.

 From what I gathered to date, there should be nothing wrong with collecting e-mails from a catch-all/multidrop POP3/IMAP4 mailbox, so I will carry on
pursuing this method.

Regards,
   rdiez