Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue Oct 27 17:02:08 EET 2020

On 25 Oct 2020, at 22:51, Sebastian Nielsen <sebastian at sebbe.eu> wrote:
>>> why not just point them at a hosting service like google apps, and let
>> google keep things up to date?
>
> Costs money,

Yes. That is a *good* thing. Running an unmaintained mail server is a BAD thing.

> and also the problem is that gmail imposes heavy spam filters
> and "reputation blocks" meaning smaller providers with low email volumes,

I think you are confusing gmail and google apps (or whatever it is called now, seems to change all the time).

> Another thing is that you cannot impose IP restrictions when using Google
> Apps, or have SSO with trusted access from inside the office. (for example -
> scan your badge at the office door, your personal computer is automatically
> logged on and you get access to everything).

Wow. That sounds sooooooper not secure.

> With locally hosted servers, of course you have to keep them updated. Most
> linux distributions can keep them updated automatically.

You cannot keep a mail server automatically updated, sorry. That is a fantasy.

You can either spend money on someone know knows what they are doing in-house (more secure, more control, more money), or you can spend money on outsourcing someone who knows what they are doing (less money). The other option involves a pair of smoking boots and a crater and I do not recommend it.

--
Nothing like grilling a kosher dog over human hair to bring out the
	subtle flavors.