Sieve filter script EXECUTION FAILED

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:26:33 EET 2020

On 10/30/20 10:11 AM, @lbutlr wrote:

> So, I have the sieve working up to the point that it calls the script, and the script is called (I get different errors if the script is not there, for example).

> filter action

>    execute program `darkmode.sh'

>    [[EXECUTION ABORTED]]

> There's no other error logged (for example, when I had sieve_filter_bin_dir miss-set, I would get:

> sieve: action filter: failed to execute program `darkmode.sh': vnd.dovecot.filter extension is unconfigured

> In /var/log/messages, but I fixed that.

> I assume there is something wrong with what I am doing in the script, bit that is something I am not finding any examples on that are proving useful.

> The script file is simply:

> Darkmode.sh:

> #!/bin/sh

> Which is somehwat similar to a working script for reporting spam:

> sa-learn-spam.sh:

> #!/bin/sh

> exec /usr/local/bin/sa-learn -u ${1} --spam

wrong, or different, I can't say.  if helpful, for my script executions, I successfully do

	require ["vnd.dovecot.pipe", "vnd.dovecot.filter", "vnd.dovecot.execute", "copy", "environment", "variables", "vnd.dovecot.debug", "vnd.dovecot.imapsieve", "imapsieve"];

	execute :pipe "msmtp_sender.sh" ["<arg1>", "<arg1>", "<arg1>"];

note the " :pipe" usage.  similar to examples here,

   https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Extprograms