DoveCot Virtual Mailboxes With MySql

postfix at aecperformance.com postfix at aecperformance.com
Fri Dec 3 04:38:59 UTC 2021

PLEASE HELP - Dovecot Virtual Mailboxes Using MySql

I have a thread detailing my problem with config here:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2469564

VPS Ubuntu 20.04 postfix 3.4.13 and dovecot 2.3.7.2

I've got multiple domains each having multiple emails.

I'm using Virtual Mailboxes and MySql.

My first domain: softlinksys.com has an MX pointing at mail.softlinksys.com.
You can easily verify it. The IP address shown on https://mxtoolbox.com/ is:
194.163.45.150
<https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3asoftlinksys.com&run=toolpa
ge>  which is my VPS IP address.

I have a virtual_domains record in mysql with softlinksys.com as the domain.

I have an email address mailadm at softlinksys.com
<mailto:mailadm at softlinksys.com>  in virtual_users in mysql.

In the client app: Thunderbird the imap server is set as
mail.softlinksys.com

I can't connect that user to the mailbox from Thunderbird.

If I change the imap server in Thunderbird to softlinksys.com the mailbox
will connect

I can't send an email to mailadm at softlinksys.com
<mailto:mailadm at softlinksys.com> . It bounces whether MySql
virtual_domains.name = softlinksys.com or mail.softlinksys.com.

I've tried both softlinksys.com and mail.softlinksys.com in the database
record and in Thunderbird.

I just can't make it work.

PLEASE HELP! How can I resolve this problem?

Kristy Atkins

ViviData SaaS