Solr FTS - message deletes not working as expected

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Thu Nov 4 07:10:54 EET 2021

On 11/3/2021 10:12 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Maybe I can do a custom compile of the source code and replace the
> /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib21_fts_solr_plugin.so file with what the
> compile produces.  I'm going to try that, and see if it explodes. :)

Bit of a problem trying to do this.  I pulled the source code from
github, switched to the release-2.3.17 branch, edited the source code
file you referenced, and found that the "configure" script that is
mentioned as the first step in the INSTALL.md file is not present.  It's
not present in any of the other branches I looked at either.

Then I downloaded the source archive from the main site, extracted it,
and the configure script was included in that.  After compiling, I found
the .so file and moved it into place, and I will be testing it.

There should maybe be something in the README that describes what is
needed to go from 'git clone' to the point where the instructions in
INSTALL will work.

Thanks,
Shawn