Containerize dovecot?

Marc Marc at f1-outsourcing.eu
Tue Oct 12 21:57:40 EEST 2021

> MRob wrote:
> > Hello, anyone here has containerized dovecot? Can I ask general advice
> > and experience please? are there any recommended articles/tutorial for
> > containerize deploymnt and auto-scaling? Thank you.

I made a start where the container would use distributed storage, so you do not have any issues with mailbox data being pinned to a specific dovecot instance. Then you only need to have some proxy/director to make sure users are pinned to the same dovecot instance. This situation of course is easy to autoscale. But then I thought I can easily host a few thousand accounts on a regular vm setup, so first get these accounts, then I will think again about auto scaling.
Why would you need such a setup?