Solr FTS - when does indexing happen?

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Sun Sep 5 01:52:36 EEST 2021

On 9/4/2021 4:06 PM, Steve Dondley wrote:
> As I recall, indexing an email is triggered immediately when an email is
> received if you have you dovecot settings set properly to trigger the
> indexing. The dovecot documentation for FTS, it spells it out.
>
> See
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/fts/solr/?highlight=fts%20user%20plugin
>
> There is an autoindex setting that neeeds to be set to "yes".

I see something talking about autoindex, but it does not have an example
so that I can see where it needs to go.  I cannot work it out from what
is there.

With a little googling, I was able to figure out where it needs to go.
And now it acts like I was expecting.

Since most people will want fts_autoindex, the wiki page should include
it in its example configuration that goes into 90-plugin.conf.  Possibly
better ... maybe it should default to "yes".

Thanks,
Shawn