Dovecot and OAuth2 and gmail

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Apr 13 21:10:36 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I'm not sure Dovecot has anything to do with this, but I'd rather ask
and know for sure.

I do the following:

Gmail IMAP=>fetchmail=>procmail=>Dovecot IMAP

Then, I view my Dovecot hosted email with Claws-Mail.

I understand that on May 31, 2022, current methods to access Gmail IMAP
will turn into pumpkins because of insistence on OAuth2. Do I need to
do anything to Dovecot to get ready for this Mass Extinction Event?

Do you think I'll need to dump fetchmail for something else?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm