The end of Dovecot Director?

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Tue Nov 1 22:44:41 UTC 2022

On 2022-11-01 16:58, Mark Moseley wrote:
> TL;DR: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩
>
> I think the real issue here is that Dovecot is removing *existing,
> long-standing, critical functionality* from the open source version.
> That
> is a huge, huge red flag.

It certainly looks like a poor decision, driven by corporate interests.
Makes me wonder which other feature will be moved to the commercial
edition once the dust has settled.

It really hurts the great reputation Dovecot has built over all these
years. I've got my first Dovecot installation back in ~2006 and ever
since I've been advocating it as the best IMAP server. So sad to see
this feature removal now.

Ciao
- Frank