The end of Dovecot Director?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Wed Nov 2 00:32:31 UTC 2022

Frank Wall skrev den 2022-11-01 23:44:
> On 2022-11-01 16:58, Mark Moseley wrote:
>> TL;DR: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩
>>
>> I think the real issue here is that Dovecot is removing *existing,
>> long-standing, critical functionality* from the open source version.
>> That
>> is a huge, huge red flag.
>
> It certainly looks like a poor decision, driven by corporate interests.
> Makes me wonder which other feature will be moved to the commercial
> edition once the dust has settled.

same as outlook.com mail with non public blacklists, and hard to know
why its default are block all mail, and on top of that uses previous ip
listnings from old abuseing custommers, same shit, sorbs came to mind
there, not checking owner of mtas, isp/vps not update sorbs dnsbl
listnings, sorbs not helping recovery logins if one lost it

> It really hurts the great reputation Dovecot has built over all these
> years. I've got my first Dovecot installation back in ~2006 and ever
> since I've been advocating it as the best IMAP server. So sad to see
> this feature removal now.

on that there is only cyrus-imapd, if dovecot is loosing to much i would
change over to if i need to, more stable since no updates, no bugs :)

i am not joking btw

for the moment i just keep using dovecot