Help with configuration?

Cristiano Deana cristiano.deana at megaweb.it
Wed Nov 9 09:32:01 UTC 2022

Il 09/11/2022 07:20, Ellie McNeill ha scritto:

> 1. I want to have incoming emails automatically placed in certain
> folders instead of 'Inbox' based on certain criteria. For example, I
> want all emails from PayPal to go into the 'PayPal' folder and all
> emails from the Debian mailing list to go into the 'Debian' folder. Can
> dovecot do this for me and what is the best approach?

pigenhole managesieve
https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/pigeonhole_managesieve_server/

> 2. When I delete an email using my user client, it is only 'marked' as
> deleted (Thunderbird places a scored line through it, and a 'T' is added
> to the filename in the Maildir). How can I get dovecot to automatically
> move mail marked 'deleted' to the Trash folder each time?

In your client's account setting you can choose what to do when you
delete a message: move to inbox, mark delete (that's what you have now,
I think) and delete.

> 3. I want to hide my client IP address from the headers when submitting
> mail to Dovecot's submissiond, but I can't seem to find any way to
> disable this. I would prefer that recipients only see the server IP
> address, but not the IP address of the mail client which submitted it.

I don't use exim, but search for "exim hide sender ip", it's easy.

--
cris