Re: Migration to 2.4: Howto get the quota dict writing into a second DB
Hello,
This is regarding your message at https://dovecot.org/mailman3/archives/list/dovecot@dovecot.org/message/XW53G...
(I tried to reply on the thread but I don't have permission.)
Were you able to get it working? I'm having the same problem with Dovecot 2.4. I've tried configuring it exactly as the documentation says, but I get this error when enabling the quota_clone plugin:
*Error: quota_clone: dict_init_auto() failed: dict { .. } named list filter is missing*
Same problem reported by other users: https://github.com/postfixadmin/postfixadmin/issues/935
Thanks in advance !
--
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
Hello,
This is regarding your message at [1]https://dovecot.org/mailman3/archives/list/dovecot@dovecot.org/message/XW53G...
(I tried to reply on the thread but I don't have permission.)
Were you able to get it working? I'm having the same problem with Dovecot 2.4. I've tried configuring it exactly as the documentation says, but I get this error when enabling the quota_clone plugin:
Error: quota_clone: dict_init_auto() failed: dict { .. } named list filter is missing
Same problem reported by other users: [2]https://github.com/postfixadmin/postfixadmin/issues/935
Thanks in advance !
--
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
References
Visible links
On 28/09/2026 05:22 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hello,
This is regarding your message at https://dovecot.org/mailman3/archives/list/dovecot@dovecot.org/message/XW53G...
(I tried to reply on the thread but I don't have permission.)
Were you able to get it working? I'm having the same problem with Dovecot 2.4. I've tried configuring it exactly as the documentation says, but I get this error when enabling the quota_clone plugin:
*Error: quota_clone: dict_init_auto() failed: dict { .. } named list filter is missing*
Same problem reported by other users: https://github.com/postfixadmin/postfixadmin/issues/935
Thanks in advance !
--
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
Hi!
Can you provide the config you attempted?
Aki
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
This is my current configuration, following this example: https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
Quota is currently being applied, usage shown in the Roundcube IMAP client, but not being updated to the mysql database.
*30-dict-server.conf :*
dict_server { # dict quota { dict mysql { driver = sql sql_driver = mysql hostname = localhost dict_map priv/quota/storage { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field bytes { } } dict_map priv/quota/messages { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field messages { } } } quota_clone { dict proxy { name = mysql } } }
*90-quota.conf :*
mail_plugins { quota = yes # quota_clone = yes }
quota "User quota" { driver = count # driver = maildir }
quota "User quota" { warning warn-95 { quota_storage_percentage = 95 execute quota-warning { args = 95 %{user} } } warning warn-80 { quota_storage_percentage = 80 execute quota-warning { args = 80 %{user} } } } service quota-warning { executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh user = dovecot group = vmail unix_listener quota-warning { mode = 0660 user = vmail group = vmail } }
On 9/28/26 05:51, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 28/09/2026 05:22 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot<dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hello,
This is regarding your message at https://dovecot.org/mailman3/archives/list/dovecot@dovecot.org/message/XW53G...
(I tried to reply on the thread but I don't have permission.)
Were you able to get it working? I'm having the same problem with Dovecot 2.4. I've tried configuring it exactly as the documentation says, but I get this error when enabling the quota_clone plugin:
*Error: quota_clone: dict_init_auto() failed: dict { .. } named list filter is missing*
Same problem reported by other users: https://github.com/postfixadmin/postfixadmin/issues/935
Thanks in advance !
--
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
Hi!
Can you provide the config you attempted?
Aki
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
This is my current configuration, following this example: [1]https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
Quota is currently being applied, usage shown in the Roundcube IMAP client, but not being updated to the mysql database.
30-dict-server.conf :
dict_server {
dict quota {
dict mysql { driver = sql sql_driver = mysql hostname = localhost dict_map priv/quota/storage { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field bytes { } } dict_map priv/quota/messages { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field messages { } } } quota_clone { dict proxy { name = mysql } } }
90-quota.conf :
mail_plugins { quota = yes
quota_clone = yes
}
quota "User quota" { driver = count
driver = maildir
}
quota "User quota" { warning warn-95 { quota_storage_percentage = 95 execute quota-warning { args = 95 %{user} } } warning warn-80 { quota_storage_percentage = 80 execute quota-warning { args = 80 %{user} } } } service quota-warning { executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh user = dovecot group = vmail unix_listener quota-warning { mode = 0660 user = vmail group = vmail } }
On 9/28/26 05:51, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 28/09/2026 05:22 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot [2]<dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hello,
This is regarding your message at [3]https://dovecot.org/mailman3/archives/list/dovecot@dovecot.org/message/XW53G...
(I tried to reply on the thread but I don't have permission.)
Were you able to get it working? I'm having the same problem with Dovecot 2.4. I've tried configuring it exactly as the documentation says, but I get this error when enabling the quota_clone plugin:
*Error: quota_clone: dict_init_auto() failed: dict { .. } named list filter is missing*
Same problem reported by other users: [4]https://github.com/postfixadmin/postfixadmin/issues/935
Thanks in advance !
--
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
Hi!
Can you provide the config you attempted?
Aki
References
Visible links
On 28/09/2026 09:01 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot <dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
This is my current configuration, following this example: https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
Quota is currently being applied, usage shown in the Roundcube IMAP client, but not being updated to the mysql database.
*30-dict-server.conf :*
dict_server { # dict quota { dict mysql { driver = sql sql_driver = mysql hostname = localhost dict_map priv/quota/storage { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field bytes { } } dict_map priv/quota/messages { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field messages { } } } quota_clone { dict proxy { name = mysql } } }
You have wrong scope here, the quota_clone should be outside dict_server.
Aki
Thank you so much! I didn't pay attention to the braces. It's working as intended now.
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
On 9/28/26 06:16, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 28/09/2026 09:01 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot<dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
This is my current configuration, following this example: https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
Quota is currently being applied, usage shown in the Roundcube IMAP client, but not being updated to the mysql database.
*30-dict-server.conf :*
dict_server { # dict quota { dict mysql { driver = sql sql_driver = mysql hostname = localhost dict_map priv/quota/storage { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field bytes { } } dict_map priv/quota/messages { sql_table = quota2 username_field = username value_field messages { } } } quota_clone { dict proxy { name = mysql } } } You have wrong scope here, the quota_clone should be outside dict_server.
Aki
Thank you so much! I didn't pay attention to the braces. It's working as intended now.
Best regards,
Felipe Carneiro
On 9/28/26 06:16, Aki Tuomi wrote:
On 28/09/2026 09:01 EEST Felipe Carneiro via dovecot [1]<dovecot@dovecot.org> wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
This is my current configuration, following this example: [2]https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
Quota is currently being applied, usage shown in the Roundcube IMAP client, but not being updated to the mysql database.
*30-dict-server.conf :*
dict_server {
dict quota {
dict mysql {
driver = sql
sql_driver = mysql
hostname = localhost
dict_map priv/quota/storage {
sql_table = quota2
username_field = username
value_field bytes {
}
}
dict_map priv/quota/messages {
sql_table = quota2
username_field = username
value_field messages {
}
}
}
quota_clone {
dict proxy {
name = mysql
}
}
}
You have wrong scope here, the quota_clone should be outside dict_server.
Aki
References
Visible links
- mailto:dovecot@dovecot.org
- https://doc.dovecot.org/2.4.4/core/plugins/quota_clone.html
participants (2)
-
Aki Tuomi
-
Felipe Carneiro