[Dovecot] Three oddities

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Aug 19 20:01:55 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen explained:
> Nothing would prevent the same plugin from putting the messages through
> spam and virus checkers.

quite correct and that occurred to me about 30 pico seconds after I hit the send
button.  at the same time, it's yet another thing that requires manual
configuration.  Yet another thing that can and probably will go wrong.

> I meant that you'd still use multiple normal pop3 boxes. You could have
> per-user configuration for the pop3 box locations and passwords. Either
> using some ~/.dovecotrc file or ANNOTATEMORE extension once we support
> that.

ah. sorry about misunderstanding.  Seems like there's quite a bit more
functionality in dovecot then the web site conveys.  No blame.  I understand the
phenomenon quite well and am a victim of myself.  The camram documentation is
currently a year out of date and I want to get 0.2 out the door before I start
updating it.

---eric