[Dovecot] transitional weirdnesses

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 20 20:45:19 EEST 2003

On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 20:20 Europe/Helsinki, Mark E. Mallett
wrote:

>> No, the primary purpose would be to have Sieve scripting.
>
> Ah.  I already have that, and I suspect that anybody who wants it can
> have it, too.

What program do you use for it? I haven't seen any yet.

>> There already is, kind of. lib-storage/mail-storage.h is the main API
>> that can be used to access mailboxes.
>
> I don't think that's an exact match.  A delivery agent already has its
> own method of internalizing information about the mail message, (and
> already has a mail message open and parsed and in memory), and to have
> a hook into updating the indexes all that it really needs is some way
> of passing the indexable information to the indexer.  If indeed it's
> worth doing.

Well, there's lib-index/ too .. :) But it requires some more work from
the caller.

Anyway I would like to improve the APIs so that it's all pretty and
easy to use even by external projects. I don't think they're too bad
now, but they're not really pretty yet either.