[Dovecot] Rogue child imap processes when using Mac imap clients

darren david darren at 3x3x3.org
Mon Dec 8 19:28:50 EET 2003

hi all-

I am currently running dovecot 0.99.10p2 on OpenBSD-3.4-snapshot. It has
been very stable, but I have recently noticed that I am having problems
when checking IMAP-SSL mail with Mac OS X clients. There are not
problems using Mozilla or Outlook on Windows, but Mac clients
(Thunderbird, Mozilla, Mail.app) all exhibit the same behavior - they
can check and send mail, but I end up with a single, rogue child imap
process on the server that pins the cpu that i have to 'kill -9' to
clear out.

Is this a Mac problem or a Dovecot problem? I'm not even sure what to
look for in the logs...

Thanks,
Darren David