[Dovecot] dovecot.. (mySQL authentication)

Cami camis at mweb.co.za
Fri Dec 12 16:45:11 EET 2003

> Well, mysql authentication doesn't really belong to those "after 1.0
> features" .. It's mostly been that I've had so much else to do and have
> forgotten it always. Maybe I'll include it with 0.99.10.5 which I should
> actually release to fix some mbox problems :)

Excellent.. I'm sure myself and a number of other people will be looking
forward to that..

>>>Excellent.. Thanks.. Has anyone done any benchmarking to see how dovecot
>>>compares to courier?
>>
>>I've not, but subjectively speaking, Dovecot is *FAST*.
>
> What I'm mostly working on now should make it even faster :)

Well.. Sounds good.. However, i'd still like to see some
benchmarks done.. If i'm planning to let dovecot handle
350 000 mailboxes, i need to make sure everyones benchmark
results are pretty similiar.. Any chance you'd get some time
to post some benchmarks? (against courier to be specific ;)

Regards,
Cami