[Dovecot] dovecot, vpopmail and djb's tcpserver

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 22:24:15 EEST 2003

"Lasse Danielsen" <lasse at danielsen.tk> writes:

> Well, what is proper and not can be discussed, I'm sure. I prefer using the
> "botch" as you call it. I assume support for some kind of external
> authentication mechanism need to be supported in dovecot for
> pop/imap-before-smtp. Afaik, vchkpw is one of many such mechanism. I was
> just asking if this had been done before, or if it's currently unsupported.

If you really need it today, how about grepping the log for now (but
beware of the infamous time zone!)? You may need to set auth_verbose=yes
though.

Sep  4 20:07:11 mail imap-login: Login: ma [80.135.11X.XXX]

That should be sufficient to enable SMTP for a minute or two from that
IP. A couple of lines of Perl around File::Tail should do.

--
Matthias Andree