[Dovecot] Cannot see contents of ~/mail folder

Saurabh Barve sa at atmos.colostate.edu
Wed Nov 24 06:18:59 EET 2004

Hi,

I just installed dovecot-0.99 on my Fedora Core 2 machine. When I start
the secure IMAP daemon, I am able to see my Inbox, but not the other
folders in the 'mail' folder in my home directory (sent-mail,
saved-messages, etc.) These folders were created when I was using pine
earlier on the machine. In my dovecot.conf file, I have set:

default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

I am using Mozilla Mail as my mail client, if that makes a difference.
Dovecot seems to be creating a directory called .imap inside the 'mail'
folder, where it is storing the inbox and a Trash folder.

I have set "mail_full_filesystem_access = no" so that users don't
access any of their other files except the mail folder. From what I
understand, I don't have to set IMAP path in Mozilla Mail. I tried
doing that too, just to try it out, but as expected, it didn't work.

What do I need to set in order to see my other folders in the 'mail'
directory?

Thanks,
Saurabh.

Saurabh Barve