[Dovecot] Cannot see contents of ~/mail folder

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Wed Nov 24 06:38:27 EET 2004

Saurabh Barve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed dovecot-0.99 on my Fedora Core 2 machine. When I start
> the secure IMAP daemon, I am able to see my Inbox, but not the other
> folders in the 'mail' folder in my home directory (sent-mail,
> saved-messages, etc.) These folders were created when I was using pine
> earlier on the machine. In my dovecot.conf file, I have set:
>
> default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>
> I am using Mozilla Mail as my mail client, if that makes a difference.
> Dovecot seems to be creating a directory called .imap inside the 'mail'
> folder, where it is storing the inbox and a Trash folder.
>
> I have set "mail_full_filesystem_access = no" so that users don't
> access any of their other files except the mail folder. From what I
> understand, I don't have to set IMAP path in Mozilla Mail. I tried
> doing that too, just to try it out, but as expected, it didn't work.
>
> What do I need to set in order to see my other folders in the 'mail'
> directory?
>
> Thanks,
> Saurabh.
Saurabh,

  I don't use mozilla mail, but I use Thunderbird, so it may be similar.
  Try editing your subscription list. it's possible that mozilla mail
just thinks you haven't subscribed to those folders and is ignoring them.

this may not be the answer, but probably a good place to start.

hope this helps

alan