[Dovecot] problems building / starting test40 + test42

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 16 18:27:18 EEST 2004

On 16.9.2004, at 18:17, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>> Well... I installed GNU Make, and it built cleanly this time... but
>> it's still not starting.  Same problem... can't drop root group
>> privs.
..
> The problem is you're trying to log in as user who has primary group
> been set to wheel (ie. gid 0). There's two possible fixes:

Although I don't understand why it would still say that error message
with test42. I just tried and with me it gives:

dovecot: Sep 16 18:24:32 Error: Logins for users with primary group ID
0 (user cras) not permitted (see first_valid_gid in config file).

And after setting it to 0 it allowed me to log in..