[Dovecot] FreeBSD port of Dovecot

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 22:07:26 EEST 2004

"Viren Patel" <virenp at cm.utexas.edu> writes:

> Hello. I am trying to install Dovecot 0.99.10.9 on a
> FreeBSD 4.10 system from the ports collection (latest via
> cvsup). When running make, I get the message:
>
>    dovecot-0.99.10.9 Currently incompatible with
>    security/gnutls
>
> This is in contrast to the Dovecot web page which states
> that it does support GNUtls and OpenSSL.
>
> I am not really interested in gnutls/openssl support at
> this time. Is there a way I can install this port without
> gnutls/openssl?.
>
> My apologies if this is not the appropriate forum but I
> couldn't find info. on the port maintainer. Thanks.

Please read the FreeBSD documentation on the ports system, it is
extensive and will explain such things. man ports, www.freebsd.org, the
handbook all have information.

In a nutshell, cd to the port directory (/usr/ports/mail/dovecot or
such) and type "make maintainer", it's robin at isometry.net at this time.

If you still cannot figure it out, write to the
freebsd-ports at freebsd.org mailing list (maybe you'll have to subscribe
first in order to be able to post, I don't recall).

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)