[Dovecot] Outlook express confusion

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 8 16:27:09 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 12:23 +0100, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
> This may be a problem with my config file but I am finding that
> customers (and more importantly my boss) that are using outlook express
> when using test66/67 (upgraded from test60 + from address patch) are
> having message reappear after being fully deleted (not just marked) but
> are unreadable, sometimes blank headers appear too but again no message.

Hmm. And nothing in log file? Were the messages expunged recently (less
than an hour ago) or did some older messages also appear? Only
OE-related thing that I can think of is this change:

	* dovecot-example.conf, src/imap/cmd-fetch.c, src/imap/common.h,
	  src/imap/imap-sync.c, src/imap/main.c,
	  src/lib-storage/mail-storage.h,
	  src/lib-storage/index/index-sync.c: Renamed oe6-fetch-no-newmail
	  workaround to delay-newmail and changed it to work more like the
	  name says: only newmail notifications are skipped and not only
	  for FETCH command.

But that shouldn't be making expunged mails visible.. Nothing should
actually. Unless new messages are getting UIDs from old mails (there
is/was a bug like that with mbox, but not maildir AFAIK).

If anyone can find a way to reproduce this I'd like to know.