[Dovecot] Why am I getting more imap folders?

poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 9 19:27:44 EET 2005

At one point I was just using what was under ~/mail now I have:
~/mail
~/mail/fedora
~/mail/trash
~/mail/mplayer
~/mail/yahoo
~/mail/Scott
~/mail/.imap/fedora
~/mail/.imap/fedora/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/fedora/.imap.index.tree
~/mail/.imap/trash
~/mail/.imap/trash/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/mplayer
~/mail/.imap/mplayer/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/yahoo
~/mail/.imap/yahoo/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/yahoo/.imap.index.data
~/mail/.imap/yahoo/.imap.index.tree
~/mail/.imap/Scott
~/mail/.imap/Scott/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/INBOX
~/mail/.imap/INBOX/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/old_subscriptions/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/old_subscriptions/.imap.index.data
~/mail/.imap/ffmpeg
~/mail/.imap/ffmpeg/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/apache
~/mail/.imap/apache/.imap.index
~/mail/.imap/dovecot
~/mail/.imap/dovecot/.imap.index
~/mail/ffmpeg
~/mail/apache
~/mail/dovecot

These are not all the files but just the most recently touched files.  Can
I not just have imap view and use the ~/mail files?  Is this normal?  Can
I have it set up to use the maildir files that are already there?  It used
to work that way but I guess that is with the other imap server that came
with fc1.