[Dovecot] Migrating Dovecot 0.99 to 1.0stable

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at neo-lan.net
Wed May 25 00:21:13 EEST 2005

Hi,

I'm planing to move a big mail server currently under Dovecot 0.99 to
Dovecot 1.0 stable. One problem I had once when doing this was that all
the UIDL had to change and that all users using pop3 and leaving their
messages on the server had to re-download all of them, which is annoying.
I'd like to know to the UIDL really have to change when migrating from
0.99 to 1.0stable or if this was a configuration problem on my side.
Are there any tips for this to be as transparent as possible for the users ?

Thank you.

--
Nico
L'idée que la science peut et doit être organisée selon des règles à la