[Dovecot] Re: Migrating Dovecot 0.99 to 1.0stable: the UIDL issue

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at neo-lan.net
Sat May 28 14:23:58 EEST 2005

Le 05/24/2005 11:21 PM, Nicolas STRANSKY a écrit :

> I'm planing to move a big mail server currently under Dovecot 0.99 to
> Dovecot 1.0 stable. One problem I had once when doing this was that all
> the UIDL had to change and that all users using pop3 and leaving their
> messages on the server had to re-download all of them, which is annoying.
> I'd like to know to the UIDL really have to change when migrating from
> 0.99 to 1.0stable or if this was a configuration problem on my side.
> Are there any tips for this to be as transparent as possible for the
> users ?

I just have a simple question regarding the UIDL compatibility between
Dovecot 0.99 and 1.0-stable.
Do the UIDL change between both versions, and if yes, is there a way
that they do not change, so that pop3 users leaving their mail on the
server do not have to re-download all af them ?

Thank's for any answers !

--
Nico
Il faut remettre une fois par an son avenir en jeu.