[Dovecot] Newbie question

Peter Lindgren peter at norrskenkonsult.com
Tue Feb 7 00:08:13 EET 2006

Hi,
Finally I managed to build (as ordinary user in my home dir) 1.0b2.
(remember, I had problems with db-ldap.h disappeared after compile)

What is the (simplest and) safest way to shut down dovecot on the live
server and replace the running 0.99.14? I run OpenBSD 3.7 on Sparc.

The last step would be 'make install', of course. To shutdown dovecot
the last time I resorted to kill processes but I felt I had missed
something... the install page (http://wiki.dovecot.org/BasicInstall)
says to kill it, it feels a little crude; no nicer signals to send?

Bear with me, please...

/Peter
--
Peter Lindgren, dataingenjör
E-post: peter "at" norrskenkonsult punkt com