[Dovecot] Mixed IMAP/POP3 environment: further informations

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 7 17:03:10 EET 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:57 +0100, Denis Sbragion wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> some further information. While waiting for some info I'm rolling back to
> UW and I discovered that if I delete the user "~/Maildir" automatically
> created by Dovecot, so including any index, the POP3 server works as
> expected. So it isn't the "Status" flag stored in the mbox file that
> prevents the download but some status information stored in the IMAP
> indexes created by Dovecot. I've retried this a couple of times to be sure.
> Does this helps?

Umm.. If you haven't uncommented default_mail_env setting in
dovecot.conf, Dovecot tries to autodetect the location of the mailbox.
If ~/Maildir exists, it's used instead of the mboxes. So it sounds like
the problem has something to do with this. But the same should have
happened with both IMAP and POP3 then, neither should have seen any
mails if maildir was empty..

Anyway, try setting default_mail_env explicitly and see if it works
then.