[Dovecot] Outlook anonymous IMAP login

Vincent Jaussaud tatooin at kelkoo.com
Tue Feb 7 18:32:11 EET 2006

> If you upgraded to 1.0beta, you could do this:
>
> passdb passwd-file {
>   args = /etc/anon.passwd
> }
> passdb pam {
> }
> userdb passwd-file {
>   args = /etc/anon.passwd
> }
> userdb passwd {
> }
>
> Where /etc/anon.passwd contains something like:
>
> anonymous:{PLAIN}:1000:1000:,,,:/home/anonymous:/bin/false

Ok, thanks for the reply, and the suggestion. It's a production server,
so I guess I'll just find another solution.

I was just looking for a way to my users to feed the SpamAssassin
autolearn feature, when some SPAM managed to come through. Anonymous
IMAP was a nice idea as a central SPAM folder repository for everyone;
from which I could regularily feed the SpamAassassin autolearn feature.

I guess I'll just have to find something else.

Cheers,
Vincent

--- The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.