[Dovecot] How to have a "public" readonly folder?

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Wed Feb 8 03:30:35 EET 2006

I searched the website and the mailing list and had difficulty finding
an answer.

I have my email users who are using dovecot-1.0.beta2.

I also have setup a dummy account to get the Linux Kernel Mailing List
(LKML) traffic.

I would like to have it so that my IMAP users (maybe POP3 but don't need
that) be able to read the LKML mailing list from that email account.

I can put the email into an mbox or a maildir for the LKML mail.

I have played around with the namespace and public option and I can't
get it to work :(

I tried this:

namespace public {
    separator = /
    prefix = Public/
    location = maildir:/home/virtemail/lkml/
}

In my email client (Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5), I am unable to view the
Public folder.  If I select subscribe, I can see the Public folder but
it is grayed out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John