[Dovecot] Out of memory problem

Neil Wilson neilw at dcdata.co.za
Wed Feb 8 09:24:29 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 12:00 +0200, Neil Wilson wrote:
> Well, that's strange then. But since you're using maildir, you should be
> able to easily check how many mails he has in the mailbox that can't be
> opened? ie. ls Maildir/.folder.name/cur/|wc -l

Thanks, I forgot that checking through the client wasn't the only way to
see how many mails were in the folders.

Below is the count of mails in the folder.

.Saved\ mails.Legal.Company\ register/cur/ | wc -l 	47

> Did you try if raising mail_process_size helps?
Yes, I raised it to 512MB and it still did the same thing.

Is it worth trying to upgrade to the latest dovecot version, or will I
sit with the same problem?

Thanks.

Neil Wilson