[Dovecot] Out of memory problem

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Feb 8 09:39:24 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:24 +0200, Neil Wilson wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 12:00 +0200, Neil Wilson wrote:
> > Well, that's strange then. But since you're using maildir, you should be
> > able to easily check how many mails he has in the mailbox that can't be
> > opened? ie. ls Maildir/.folder.name/cur/|wc -l
>
> Thanks, I forgot that checking through the client wasn't the only way to
> see how many mails were in the folders.
>
> Below is the count of mails in the folder.
>
> .Saved\ mails.Legal.Company\ register/cur/ | wc -l 	47
>
> > Did you try if raising mail_process_size helps?
> Yes, I raised it to 512MB and it still did the same thing.
>
> Is it worth trying to upgrade to the latest dovecot version, or will I
> sit with the same problem?

A vaguely-related feature request here:

 postfix has a really useful 'postconf' command that lets you dump out
the postfix configuration (or the non-default set options or the default
options) of your current config. the advantage is that it lets you look
through all the config options at a glance and look for things related
to it.

Could dovecot have something similar? Or maybe does it already have
something like this?

thanks
-sv