[Dovecot] Re: Login processes don't die

Jürgen Herz jherz at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 17 19:27:36 EET 2006

Simon Waters wrote:

>> But when connecting with Mozilla (Seamonkey)
>
> Seamonkey creates multiple sessions

If connection caching is set to > 1, yes.
But even with only one the login persisted when using Seamonkey and
didn't when using Sylpheed. But now I know the reason was that Sylpheed
connected without TLS ...

> I  see three logins, connect via thunderbird create a fourth, when I kill
> thunderbird, one of the original three dies.

Hm, I can do what I want, but one of the original ones (two here as
configured) never dies. But that's what I expect since I guess that are
the parents which spawn their childs on login.

Jürgen