[Dovecot] dovecot-1.0.rc2 hangs while copying to Sent

Pete Slagle list-dovecot at voidcaptain.com
Wed Jul 26 02:26:56 EEST 2006

Jack Bailey wrote:

> Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>> On 2006-07-25 10:11:15 +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>>
>>> One of the groups here still uses uw-imap, and they do not see this
>>> quirk, so it cannot be just Thunderbird's fault.
>>>
>>> The stalled copies or outgoing mail happpen with Mozilla, too, btw.
>>>
>> could it just be that mozilla mail and mozilla thunderbird share a fair
>> amound of code?
>>
>> darix
>>

> Here is an example that I can get to fail every time.  I have an IMAP
> account here locally and an IMAP account at another ISP.  When I move
> messages from folders at the other ISP to folders on my local IMAP
> server, Tbird hangs indefinitely.  Tbird works perfectly with beta8, and
> this is with the same dovecot.conf file that I use with rc2 and see fail.
>
> Locally I am using NFS-mounted mail and home directories.  Both client
> and server are running CentOS 4.3.
>
> Jack

Whoa, wha happen!?

I just upgraded from beta8 to rc2, and dovecot has gone from being fast
and responsive to being nearly unusably slow and hanging Thunderbird
every few operations. (I made no configuration changes.)

I am running dovecot on a FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p2 server, and Thunderbird
1.5.0.4 (20060605) on client machines running both FreeBSD 6.1 and
Windows XP SP2.

I already set the maximum cached connections to 1 and restarted
Thunderbird; it didn't help. I still get a hang on copying to "Sent" files.

Pete